You can set up an import file by using the Assetti import templates or using your own spreadsheet files that contain the data you want to import.
User tips: To get your data mapped correctly in Assetti, the required data fields must be included and filled in. Review your import files and add the missing fields if needed. When using Assetti import templates, the fields are automatically included in the template files.
1. Import file
- Data can be imported into Assetti from JSON, XML, CSV, XLS, XLSX spreadsheet files.
Data field headers need to be on row number 1 like in the example below.
Do not delete column headers even if there's no data entered in the column.
User tips: If data in your spreadsheets files is entered in columns and you want to rearrange that data into rows instead of columns, please see instructions how to do it on Switch columns and rows.
2. Setting up an Assetti import template
By using the Assetti import templates, data mapping will be done automatically. Importing data with templates consist three stages:
- Download import templates on your computer.
- Input your data to templates according your systems. Save the template.
- Import data into Assetti by running Data import function. Be sure to choose the automatic mapping check box.
3. Setting up custom import template
In case you wish to import data with spreadsheet files exported from other property management and accounting software, they can be used as base for your custom import files. When making your custom import files, review and modify the content following these steps:
- When importing property data, select the report that contains most of your general property data.
- Review content to ensure your data contains the required data fields. Add new columns for those data fields if needed.
- Arrange your spreadsheet to have all data field headers on the first row, and input your data horizontally.
- Save the template file for import.
- Import data into Assetti using Data import function.
User tips: To get the data imported and mapped correctly, we recommend to do the data mapping manually in the import function.