With Assetti Contact Linking feature, you are able to assign any contact to the right roles for multiple properties easily. There are 2 role categories a contact can be linked to: (1) as ownership roles of a property, or (2) as property asset personnels of managing organisation for a property. This articles talks about ownership roles and how they can be assigned in Assetti, check out how to assign property asset management roles here.
Assign a contact as ownership roles
Roles that determine ownership of an asset can only belong to contacts which are either organisation or private individual. Contacts which are personnels of an organisation cannot be linked to these types of role. Read more on distinction among these contact types here. There are 2 types of ownership roles you can specify in Assetti:
To link a contact to an ownership role:
- Open the factsheet of the contact you wish to link,
- Make sure under General Information section, Landlord status is Yes. For organisational contact, you must provide a valid Business ID,
- Click on Link button on the top right corner of your contact's factsheet,
- In the linking view, choose a role you want to assign the contact as from Select role dropdown list,
- Check the boxes of properties you wish to link the contact to in table list, here you can select multiple properties at once,
- Click Link to property button on the upper right corner of the view to complete. Notice: this will replace any existing contact of selected role with this new contact.
- To remove a contact of a selected role, check the boxes of properties you wish to remove contact from and click Unlink contacts button